Friday, March 12, 2010

Patience is a ...

Well, winter isn't giving up over here. It snowed last night---again. But as much as my host Mom and I laugh and lament about the drawn out winter, there was a day last week where I succeeded to wash and dry my clothes in one day. So I will let spring and summer duke it out a bit longer, the real goal here is get to my vacation in May.

If you haven't heard yet, I'm headed to Greece for a solid two weeks. I managed to plan overnight transportation for about a third of that, so I anticipate a slightly exhausting, yet budget smart trip of a lifetime!

When I went to Prague, I all too easily fell into the role of tourist, didn't learn one word of Czech. This trip, though, I think I'll be a bit more prepared. I downloaded some quick Greek lessons from itunes to get me through the typical meal in a restaurant, the common courtesy stuff, etc. Most of all, I can't wait to get a tan. Come to think of it, I think I have wrote about this on the blog, sorry for the repeat, I'm just too excited!

At work, my hands are in a dozen little things right now, just waiting for one to catch. Speaking of which...my phone just rang and I guess I have a meeting with the youth council in 30 minutes. Since I live 30 minutes away, I better get a move on!

No comments:

Post a Comment