Friday, October 29, 2010

Duckling's Ball

Last night I attended the "Duckling's Ball" at the local high school. In this case, duckling is a metaphor for the tenth grade class, who entered the high school last month. I felt like I belonged in high school every time I giggled as the "ducklings from class 10A" were called to the stage, but the whole event is rather steeped in tradition and esteem. It truly is a rite of passage.

On a semantic note, I'd like to explain that this ball did not include gowns and king's of Siam dancing the night away with English teachers. The event actually took place in a theater, and students from the tenth grade class performed songs, dances, poems, and skits.

As I sat in a room packed with adolescents, flash backs from every high school pep rally came whizzing by. I liked high school a lot, but it's probably best for humanity that all good things come to an end.

No comments:

Post a Comment