Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Eu sînt voluntara in Corpul Pacii din SUA!


Yes, as of August 8, 2009 I can officially explain to those who inquire, “I am a volunteer from the United States of America in the Peace Corps.” Of course, then I have to explain what that means, but I don’t have the patience to type all of that in Romanian at the moment.
Our swearing in came after a somewhat emotional departure from our training site. Our language teachers expressed what we already knew. My training group is very special group. We became so close so quickly, and our teachers are now so much more to us. They are our friends and I don’t think I’ll ever make a trip to the capital without going to lunch with one of them.
My host Mom flipped on my well of tears for the day when she presented me with a bag of her best apples and a jar of sour cherries we preserved together.
Once we arrived at the high school where our swearing in took place, it took all of five minutes to repeat the oath. I was somewhat afraid of a repeat inauguration incident, but we all made it through just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment