Friday, February 19, 2010

Spring in my step | The Randomness

I am anxious for spring and can't help but notice all the randomness in my life this week. Here's what I mean:

-I think I just agreed to help an eleven year old neighbor boy with his homework twice a week in exchange for homemade honey.

-I played hours of the card game Uno with three neighbor kids. In order to appease the parents and make it more English based, I made them say a simile for every turn they took (ex: red like sour cherries, green like the grass)

-I broke both my Yaktrax (like snow tires for your boots) over a period of three days.

-The snow melted away and I no longer need my Yaktrax.

-Grant money we've been waiting on since October FINALLY arrived from a donor in Hungary.

-I ate potatoes in crepes, pastries, and pasta.

-I switched back to coffee from tea and now every morning is like an adrenaline rush.

-I decided Moldovan cottage cheese kinda leaves the American stuff in the dust.

-A colleague called and asked if I would consider joining the leadership team in charge of this summer's girls empowerment camp.

-I booked a plane ticket to Greece for May, and already previewed some ticket prices for this time next year.

-Having late night tea with my host aunt, I learned that she once considered going abroad illegally to work. Now she is so glad she didn't because of the stories she is hearing about poor working conditions and human trafficking.

-My nine year-old cousin asked me if he could write a report for school about me. The topic is "someone I admire." Aaawwww.

-I still haven't finished reading Three Cups of Tea.

-Via the always trusty Facebook I learned about another college friend's engagement.

-Just now, I overheard my host Mom telling her son that she is making a dish I requested to eat. Hmmm....don't recall that one :)

1 comment:

  1. Hi there,
    This is a random comment for sure but saw your post and wanted to connect. Sorry to hear that your ice cleats broke so soon after use - sounds frustrating but luckily with the snow & ice gone you won't have much need for ice cleats! In the event you get more winter weather and need some traction I would like to offer you a free pair of our Stabilicers ice cleats: Durable, lightweight, serious traction and great quality - made right in Maine, USA. Just e-mail me your shoe size and where I can send them and I am happy to replace your faulty product with a more reliable brand. You can find out more info here at www.32north.com.
    Thanks,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete