Thursday, April 8, 2010

In a passing week

"Melissa, you have to try my wine. It's like grape juice--all natural grape juice--that just happens to be a bit tart." -Neighbor who prepared a random masa outside our house one night.

"You don't want a lamb, it grows up to be a sheep!"-The man who speaks perfect English after a couple glasses of tart grape juice.

"Open your eyes!"-A running joke between my host mom and I (hey, it's sarcasm and I'll take it where I can).

"One-hundred-fifty lei!"-The value of a frisbee being tossed in a lively game of five-hundred with the neighbor boys.

Melissa+Vlad+Oleg+Sasha+Misha+Slav+Alec+Daniel+Octavian=The hottest frisbee team around.

A Moldovan: "How do you say his name?"
Me: "Billy"
A Moldovan: "Like Billy Clinton?"

At the market, the woman at the fruit stand: "Stand aside people, Melissa wants something...what would you like, Melissa."
Me: "Five bananas, please."
The fruit seller: "That's it?"

No comments:

Post a Comment