Monday, September 7, 2009

My first facilitation in Romanian!

This weekend I facilitated my first solo activity (though, I am quite grateful for the presence of another English speaker who was able to help her colleagues understand my special brand of Romanian). It was fun to be back on this side of things after having spent the summer as a participant in many training exercises.

The activity is called “community mapping,” and it helps different groups identify different resources in communities. For instance, the group was able to identify a lot of institutions in their community, but soon realized they have actually worked with a few. We conduct these kinds of activities to help facilitate “asset based development” rather than relying on outside funding and resources. Onward!

No comments:

Post a Comment