Saturday, October 31, 2009

The Five Month Challenge

We are coming up on the five month anniversary of my arrival in Moldova, which has been marked by one of the more emotional moments of my experience thus far. I prepared for this day by visiting the local market and scoping out the selection, carefully considering my options with regard to prices, colors, and flavors.

In the end, I chose to purchase a product without much sparkle or shine. It’s packaged in a simple red box which promises to meet my needs. Anti-cavity protection. That’s right folks. I have consumed the last of my CREST anti-cavity, regular paste, 20 ounce tube of toothpaste.

We will be apart from one another for a minimum of 20 more months. The replacement being a “fabricat in Romania” variety of something known as “Colgate.” So far we are getting along well…but no paste will every truly fill the bristles of my brush quite like my fallen CREST.

No comments:

Post a Comment