Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Winter culture note: Carpet cleaning

I never thought I would write a blog post about carpet cleaning, but believe me I have just witnessed (and participated in) my third method of carpet cleaning since I arrived in Moldova. I am here to say, this last method is bar far the most effective, and not just because it’s fun.

Last Saturday, we stripped our floors bear when my host mom announced “spălăm covoare în zăpadă!” (“We are washing carpets in the snow!”).

In the picture you can see, much like one of those really long saws used to cut down large trees, two people wield the carpet back and forth, pushing it deeper in the snow. I would not lie ladies and gentlemen… this was effective, as told by the stains left in the snow.

The second step in the process is the typical beating, followed by a day in the afternoon sun. I dare say those carpets took a better bath than me this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment