Friday, December 4, 2009

World Wise Schools Correspondent

I recently became a World Wise Schools (WWS) Correspondent, in an effort to help me fulfill Peace Corps' third goal. The program began as a basic pen pal matching service between volunteers in the field and U.S. classrooms. With the slew of technology available to us now, the program has evolved to anything the volunteer and partner teacher can create. It's totally in our hands.

I am partnered with a "9th grade Pre-Advanced Placement World Studies" class, in Texas. The teacher and I have devised a couple of methods to make the exchange. First, my blog will serve as a forum. Plus, a few of her students will actually become pen pals with the youth in my advanced-peakers Enlish club.

I am really excited to start hearing the questions from the American students. It is most likely that I will not know all the answers, and will be encouraged to do some further discovering of my host country.

WWS works with all grade levels. Check out this post from my colleage, who corresponds with second graders. No question is a silly question!

No comments:

Post a Comment