Saturday, June 13, 2009

Salut!

Buna Diminesta, everybody! It is a beautiful morning in the city. We will be here through today and then head out to our training villages. Mine is the farthest away, with about a 30 minute drive. My group is absolutely in love with our three language teachers. I will post a picture of them soon.

Yesterday we tried a variety of Moldovan food and wine, purchased our cell phones, and met with Peace Corps and U.S. Embassy staff. Today it's all about language language language since we are preparing to meet our host families tonight. It was very encouraging to go to dinner last night with our mentors because their language skills are fantastic! That's going to be me in a few months (hopefully)!

Stay tuned...

1 comment:

  1. YAY! The answer is simply this dear Melissa, I'm ECSTATIC for you. I'm so glad you made it safely. I'll write up a proper email this afternoon when I get a good signal :D. Safe travels and I cannot wait to hear more!

    ReplyDelete